IoT SOLUTIONS THAT ALLOW YOU TO MONITOR IMPORTANT ENVIRONMENTAL PARAMETERS, PRESERVING NATURAL RESOURCES AND IMPROVING PEOPLE LIFE QUALITY.
COMPANIES, ORGANISATIONS, LOCAL AND CENTRAL ADMINISTRATIONS MUST ADOPT SUSTAINABLE POLICIES AND PRACTICES TO PRESERVE THE NATURAL COLLECTIVE RESOURCES AND GUARANTEE HIGH ENVIRONMENTAL STANDARDS.
The Filippetti Group’s solutions help reduce the waste of essential resources such as water, monitor environmental parameters in order to guarantee the improved quality of the air we breathe, and prevent the serious effects of coming into contact with harmful gases.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL THE POWER OF THE INTERNET OF THINGS TO MONITOR PARAMETERS THAT ALLOW YOU TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF ENVIRONMENTS, FAVORING WELLNESS. THANKS TO FILIPPETTI GROUP’s SOLUTIONS YOU CAN GUARANTEE ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY IN EVERY SPACE AND IN ANY WORKING ENVIRONMENT.
PRODUCT TYPE AND FUNCTIONS
ENVIRONMENTAL MONITORING IS THE SOLUTION DEVELOPED BY FILIPPETTI GROUP FOR MONITORING ENVIRONMENTAL PARAMETERS AND THE QUALITY OF INDOOR WORK ENVIRONMENTS.
The Environmental Monitoring solution developed by Filippetti Group is designed to ensure real-time monitoring of microclimatic environmental conditions at workplaces with very high precision and granularity.
In addition, thanks to the sensor system powered by long-lasting batteries (up to 10 years), this solution is easy to install and extremely economical, since it does not require electrical wiring.
Environmental Monitoring detects relative humidity, temperature, atmospheric pressure, and integrates this data with that relating to pollutants (or suspended particulates) and allows the application of logical actions on air treatment systems or on the control and management systems of the plant itself.
The continuous monitoring of environmental parameters such as relative humidity, temperature and atmospheric pressure, integrated with data from the concentration of pollutants or suspended particulates, allows the application of advanced software implementation and feedback on the plants, on air treatment systems or on control and planning systems of the plant itself in order to obtain operating conditions that minimise the impact on the environment, while maximising the perceived comfort and efficiency of the controlled production process.
The expert system applies optimisation algorithms based on evolutionary models that describe the controlled fluid-dynamic domain by not only using the data collected, but also external data sources such as weather forecast available for the area of interest, and by summarising predictive behaviours of implementation and planning of production activities.
- Easy to install and configure: based on wireless devices powered by long-lasting batteries (up to 10 years);
- Modular and adaptive: because it uses IoT sensors with specific extensions;
- Integrated: because it involves the use of weather stations and other specialised devices;
- Accurate: it provides a very detailed view of the environmental conditions being monitored;
- Flexible and multifunctional: the system adapts to many needs thanks to the integration of Filippetti Group’s Environmental Sensor, which measures relative humidity, atmospheric pressure and temperature with appropriate extensions that allow to measure concentrations of dust or particular pollutants;
- Integrable: the use of complete weather stations to be installed outdoors, integrated with SmartNetwork technology, allows the collection of microclimate data with precision and continuity so as to be able to feed all the necessary information to the expert models of the IoT SmartPlatform.
THIRD PARTY COMPONENTS
The solution requires the use of a third-party weather station.
THE SOLUTION TO MONITOR IN REAL TIME AND REMOTELY THE WATER SUPPLY, REDUCE WATER LEACKS AND CHECK THE WEAR OF PIPES.
Water is an increasingly precious commodity. Despite the serious global water crisis, according to the latest Istat data, today in Italy over 42% of the water fed into the network is lost, a problem caused by an obsolete and inefficient infrastructure that continues to deteriorate.
For Municipalities and Managing Bodies, intelligent monitoring of the state of water pipes therefore becomes fundamental and urgent in order to reduce water leacks and preserve resources.
Thanks to advanced technological systems, plant managers can enable remote control of the entire aqueduct, carry out preventive maintenance interventions, reduce costs and act promptly in the event of leaks, limiting the waste of resources and reducing service interruptions in full compliance regulatory requirements.
The innovative solution developed by the Filippetti Group, in collaboration with the Puglia Region*, allows real-time monitoring of the maintenance status of the pipelines and transforming the urban water network into an intelligent network, from a Smart City perspective.
Through the integration between field sensors and IoT networks, the system monitors anomalies and leaks in the portions of pipelines between wells, locates them within the water system and raises alarms in real time if the monitored value exceeds a threshold value, allowing monitoring the degree of wear over time.
The solution consists of loss and wear sensors (BlackBox), a control box and a gateway.
These elements allow the monitoring, acquisition, wireless data communication to the Cloud and the exact spatial location of the leak by replicating the system for each well of the pipeline.
The gateway then transmits the field data to the IoT Smart Platform which enables remote monitoring of individual elements and the entire water network; while the distributed units communicate the presence of leaks thanks to the wear sensors.
The system communicates with our Geoweb Enterprise Application Framework: an Asset management web platform capable of geo-referencing within the GIS cartography, both the data obtained from the monitoring system and those relating to the water system (pipes, wells, etc.) acquired through Georadar surveys. It also allows you to view and manage the aqueduct information, the installation configuration of the sensor network and the data generated by the IoT Smart Platform.
Finally, through the “SmartWater” mobile application, operators can control and interact with the system in real time and directly in the field.
- Environmental sustainability: allows you to intervene promptly in the event of leaks, reducing the waste of essential resources for human life, agriculture, industry and the tertiary sector
- Economic savings: reduces economic losses for the operator, allows the intelligent planning of maintenance and minimizes the risks for the safety of infrastructures (with also economic impacts)
- Continuous and remote control: it is possible to monitor the status of the network without the need for periodic checks in the field
- Scalability and modularity: the solution is suitable for any extension – from a few and single critical elements to the entire urban water network – and easily adapts to the different conformations of urban water networks
- Adaptability: the limited number of devices and wireless communication make it the perfect solution for multiple contexts
- Integration and digitization: the system allows the digital transformation of water networks in compliance with the PNRR and can easily integrate additional tools and innovative solutions for different application areas and multi-scenarios, perfect for the new Smart Cities
* the solution has been developed by the Filippetti Group in collaboration with the Puglia Region with the A.D 334 of 13/07/2015 by the Manager of the Industrial Research and Innovation Service and the A.D n. 82 of 24/07/2015 by the Manager of the Purchasing Planning Service determined the call for tenders (CIG: 6543425D1E) for the award of a pre-commercial contract pursuant to Article 19 paragraph 1 letter f ) of Legislative Decree no. 163/2006 relating to industrial research and experimental development services functional to the construction of a new device for the localization of water leaks in pipelines, monitoring the status of pipelines and georeferenced survey of pipelines in urban water distribution networks.
The solution involves the use of control units (proprietary technology) and BlackBox – loss sensor and wear sensor (third-party technology).
It is also possible to enable mobile functionality (for Android) through the SmartWater App.
THE “WATER LEAK MONITORING” SOLUTION IS THE MOST EFFECTIVE TECHNOLOGY FOR ELIMINATING WATER LEAKS FROM WATER PLANTS AND CITY DISTRIBUTION NETWORKS.
Filippetti Group’s Water Leak Monitoring solution, combined with the constant maintenance of water plants and distribution networks, allows you to drastically reduce water wastage due to accidental leaks, using ultrasonic or vibrational sensors.
This solution is, in fact, able to identify both point-related and general water losses, which can occur in both individual devices or in ducts. By analysing the trend of acoustic waves in the ducts, it is possible to highlight the possible presence of water leaks inside the system.
Water Leak Monitoring is implemented through the use of specialised sensors (produced by Filippetti Group or third parties depending on the case of use) to analyse the wear and tear of the pipes. The sensor system used (ultrasonic or vibrational sensors) also provides predictive type indications on the state of the pipelines, thus enabling maintenance operations to be planned, in order to avoid the formation of water leaks.
All detections and warnings regarding leaks from objects and pipes detected by Filippetti Group’s sensors are sent to the IoT SmartPlatform which allows you to create dynamic maps with geo-fencing functions through dedicated interfaces.
- Real-time loss identification – precise location (< 1 m);
- Creation of dynamic maps.
- Simple and quick installation: based on wireless devices powered by long-life batteries (up to 10 years) that do not require any electrical wiring;
- Accurate and precise: allows for timely identification of water leaks and appropriate action, reducing costs related to both water leaks and identification of the most appropriate maintenance activity;
- Economical and sustainable: saves on operating costs while preserving an extremely valuable environmental resource;
- Ideal for very large areas: the use of radio technology (field) for the retrieval of information from various points of detection, allows the adoption of technology in widely distributed and extensive contexts such as aqueducts or exhibition centres;
- Advanced data collection and analysis: thanks to the IoT SmartPlatform, you will also be able to obtain data and analyses on consumption through a dedicated and configurable interface;
- Predictive monitoring, because it uses sensors with specific extensions to detect the state of wear and tear.
The solution requires the use of an Ultrasound Station and the Water Leak Detector technology.
AIR POLLUTION MONITORING. THE INTEGRATED SYSTEM FOR MEASURING POLLUTANT EMISSIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION.
Filippetti Group’s Air Pollution Monitoring is an environmental detection system capable of constantly and precisely monitoring the emissions of harmful gases and/or dust in any operational context, and of providing precise and exact information on the state of air quality in the area being monitored.
The system, composed of mobile stations equipped with sensors developed by Filippetti Group – integrated with third-party devices for measuring meteorological parameters – allows you to obtain distributed measurements (even if not synchronous) of pollutant conditions over a very large area.
Thanks to self-localisation, the system is therefore able to provide geo-referenced measurements through the Filippetti Group’s IoT SmartPlatform. Finally, Air Pollution Monitoring allows you to verify the planning and quality of production – or transformation – processes for companies with a high environmental impact, in order to protect the company’s business and its employees, ensuring a timely control of the health conditions in the plant and in the surrounding area.
Air Pollution Monitoring provides for the integrated use of specialised sensors for the detection of CO, NOx, PM10 and other pollutants both with fixed stations and by equipping mobile units.
Fixed stations allow you to identify an area, a specific zone or more generally a source of pollutants in order to create an objective archive of precise information that can be easily correlated with any on-going or planned production activities, in order to “moderate” their environmental impact.
- Precise and accurate: the solution is based on highly sensitive and self-localising sensors. The collected data are geo-localised and represented in thematic maps, supporting the activities of environmental experts to define appropriate countermeasures;
- It acquires data in real time: all data collected is available in real time to support the study of the immediate situation;
- It measures environmental impact: the measuring of pollutants – in the industrial field – supports the monitoring of activities with an environmental impact and the measurement of “white” as a basic parameter of that specific environmental context, net of the production activities of the plant itself;
- Flexible, because, with mobile stations, they can be installed on already existing means of mobility.
THIRD PARTY COMPONENTS
The solution requires the use of a third-party weather station.
NOISE LEVEL MONITORING IS AN INTEGRATED SYSTEM FOR MEASURING THE LEVEL OF NOISE EMISSIONS AND NOISE POLLUTION.
Noise Level Monitoring by Filippetti Group is a state-of-the-art solution for monitoring and measuring noise emissions that generate noise pollution.
Through the use of sensors powered by long-lasting batteries (up to 10 years), engineered and produced “in-house” by Filippetti Group, Noise Level Monitoring allows the detection of geo-referenced noise emissions in real time and, therefore, representable on a GIS platform. This kind of detection allows you to guarantee a higher quality and liveability in both indoor and outdoor environments.
The solution involves the integrated use of specialised sensors for the detection of environmental noise levels produced by Filippetti Group. This type of detection is entrusted to fixed monitoring stations but it is also possible to install Noise Level Monitoring on mobile stations (vehicles).
Measurements and related (geo-referenced) data are sent to the IoT SmartPlatform for further analysis according to defined thresholds, where exceeding them generates alarm signals, which are recorded by the IoT SmartPlatform that can in turn inform operators via real-time messaging.
- Certified environmental quality: the solution is required for obtaining environmental health certification for some workplaces;
- It prevents incidents and protects people’s health: continuous monitoring of noise pollution levels with sensors suitable for outdoor installations allows the management of public health issues related to the presence of particularly noisy production facilities and/or premises that have a strong impact on the surrounding environment at particular regular periods of time;
- Precise and accurate, based on high-sensitivity, self-localising IoT sensors, powered by long-lasting batteries;
- Flexible because it is compatible with existing outdoor fixed installations and mobile stations;
- Advanced: it integrates both real-time detection, analysis and transmission functions to the IoTSmartPlatform for historical data monitoring.
The solution requires the use of third-party technology to measure the noise emission level.
CROMoS, THE STATE OF THE ART SYSTEM TO MONITOR THE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT OF ODOURS.
CROMoS (Continuous Remote Odour Monitoring System) is a system developed by Filippetti Group for the continuous monitoring of odours, through the integration of real-time measurements for concentrations of volatile organic compounds, meteorological variables, and the elaboration of mathematical models of diffusion and dispersion.
CROMoS has the ability to display the concentration of odour expressed in olfactometric units in real time, for emissions of particular interest in the context of production activities that transform or treat waste, or that carry out chemical and physical transformations involving emissions into the atmosphere.
Currently, odour monitoring is divided into sampling campaigns, analysis or off-site measures, data processing and the release of evaluations and interpretations of events that have already occurred.
The solution uses the innovative SmartNetwork, which transmits data to the IoT SmartPlatform allowing advanced environmental monitoring. The technological innovation of the CROMoS system is mainly due to the possibility of monitoring a territory of interest in real (and forecasted) time.
The aim is to provide an “expert” system that acts as a support for intervention strategies, guidelines and policy decisions.
- Intelligent detection: it supports the environment manager in all procedures in order to obtain Integrated Environmental Authorisation (IEA) and is a valuable support for planning the activities of conferral, treatment and mitigation provided in the production process itself;
- Innovative: it allows site modelling through fluid dynamic models that take into account orography and prevailing weather conditions, also allowing the off-site preventive simulation of diffusions and releases;
- Advanced: CROMoS is based on solid scientific basis of simulations, modelling, measuring and periodic verification in specialised laboratories to characterise the site and its evolutions;
- Integrated: into specialised sensors and with periodic calibration processes;
- Revolutionary: it enables odour impact monitoring via continuous, real-time inspections.
The solution requires the use of a third-party weather station.
Our solutions and products are extremely flexible and include Use Case for very different operating areas.
ASK A QUESTION
Do you need to develop a specific
solution based on our products?