PPE Tag ATEX
AN IoT TAG TO MONITOR
THE CORRECT USE OF PPE
IN AREAS AT RISK OF EXPLOSION.
The Filippetti Group’s PPE tag is a long-life battery powered device with extremely small dimensions. This device allows you to monitor the presence of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in the immediate vicinity of the operator, through readings that can be used to verify its correct use. The tag is ideal for use in industrial areas, those related to oil and gas, those related to chemicals and petrol-chemicals, and in all environments with zones at risk of explosion (ATEX-certified).
- Robust and lightweight – The external case, made of shock-resistant plastic material, guarantees IP rating and makes it ideal for industrial scenarios where durability and impact resistance is required. Its low weight, makes it compatible with any work activity of the operator. Depending on the use cases, it can be supplied with different anchoring solutions.
- Active technology – The tags are active technology and, in addition to signalling the presence of the associated object (PPE) near the SaveMENOW device, they are also able to monitor its correct use, measuring its movement and position (relative to SaveMENOW, and relative to the ground).
- Man Down functionality: through the embedded motion sensor, it is possible to verify the correct use of the PPE and to carry out the monitoring of Man Down.
The device is ATEX-certified for use in areas at risk of explosion in environments with the presence of gas and dust (certified code: IECEx IMQ 18.0016).
II 2GD Ex ib IIB T4 Gb and Ex ib IIIC T130 °C Db.
To guarantee an optimal and standard fixing of the PPE tag, the appropriate attachments and supports are provided in the catalogue:
- DPK-IS_C: PPE Headset attachment
- DPK-IS_Q: Quadrigas PPE attachment
- DPK-IS_S: PPE snap-on attachment
- DPK-IS_Q / 4X: Quadrigas support 4X
- DPK-IS_Q/SO2: Quadrigas support SO2
- DPK-IS_Q/H2S: Quadrigas support H2S
- DPK-IS_C/MSA31: PPE Headset attachment mod. MSA 31Db
- DPK-IS_C/G: PPE Headset attachment mod. Generic Headset.
COMMUNICATION: SMART NETWORK PROTOCOL
The tag transmits a radio message on a fixed frequency (125 kHz) that is picked up by the SaveMENOW (also supplied to the operator).
A Wireless BAN (Body Area Network), which operates neat to the tag itself, is created between the devices. It is thus possible to identify the tags placed on the various PPE supplied (for example, protective helmet, anti-accident shoes, gloves or any gas masks), and obtain their planimetric position, once the SaveMENOW is located.
The data supplied by the tags are then sent via wireless communication to the SaveMENOW device, which takes care of transmitting the information to the Filippetti Group’s gateway.
From the gateway, the data is then finally sent to the IoT Smart Platform, enabling remote monitoring.
SPECIFIC MEASURES: POSTURE, MOVEMENT
The PPE tag integrates a tri-axial accelerometer, from which the posture values (Portrait/Landscape, Back/Front, Horizontal/Vertical) and movement (4 levels, in descending order of activity) are estimated and supplied to output; High, Medium, Low, Minimal).
POWER SUPPLY: by BATTERY
The tag is powered by a long-life lithium battery (3V, 650 mAh), which can be easily replaced using the appropriate internal connector.
ASK A QUESTION
Do you need to develop a specific solution based on our products?