AN IoT TAG TO MONITOR
THE CORRECT USE OF
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT.
The PPE tag is a device with long battery life (from 6 to 36 months depending on the use cases) with extremely small dimensions. This device allows you to monitor the presence of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in the immediate proximity of the operator, through readings useful to verify the correct use. Also available in ATEX version for use in environments at risk of explosion.
- Robust and lightweight: the external case, made of shock-resistant plastic material, guarantees protection rating and makes it ideal for industrial scenarios where durability and impact resistance is required. Its low weight, makes it compatible with any work activity of the operator. Depending on the use cases, it can be supplied with different anchoring solutions.
- Active technology: the tags are active technology and, in addition to signalling the presence of the associated object (PPE) near the SaveMENOW Safety Tag, they are also able to monitor its correct use, measuring its movement and position (relative to SaveMENOW, and relative to the ground, and the possible internal pressure profile, linked to the respiratory activity of the operator in case gas masks are incorporated.
- Man Down functionality: through the embedded motion sensor, it is possible to verify the correct use of the PPE and to carry out the monitoring of Man Down.
To guarantee an optimal and standard fixing of the PPE tag, the appropriate attachments and supports are provided in the catalogue:
- DPK-IS_C: PPE Headset attachment
- DPK-IS_Q: Quadrigas PPE attachment
- DPK-IS_S: PPE snap-on attachment
- DPK-IS_Q / 4X: Quadrigas support 4X
- DPK-IS_Q/SO2: Quadrigas support SO2
- DPK-IS_Q/H2S: Quadrigas support H2S
- DPK-IS_C/MSA31: PPE Headset attachment mod. MSA 31Db
- DPK-IS_C/G: PPE Headset attachment mod. Generic Headset.
COMMUNICATION: SMART NETWORK PROTOCOL
The tag transmits a radio message on a fixed frequency (125 kHz) that is picked up by the SaveMENOW (also supplied to the operator).
A Wireless BAN (Body Area Network), which operates neat to the tag itself, is created between the devices. It is thus possible to identify the tags placed on the various PPE supplied (for example, protective helmet, anti-accident shoes, gloves or any gas masks), and obtain their planimetric position, once the SaveMENOW is located.
The data supplied by the tags are then sent via wireless communication to the SaveMENOW device, which takes care of transmitting the information to the Filippetti Group’s gateway.
From the gateway, the data is then finally sent to the IoT Smart Platform, enabling remote monitoring.
SPECIFIC MEASURES: POSTURE, MOVEMENT
The PPE tag integrates a tri-axial accelerometer, from which the posture values (Portrait/Landscape, Back/Front, Horizontal/Vertical) and movement (4 levels, in descending order of activity) are estimated and supplied to output; High, Medium, Low, Minimal).
POWER SUPPLY: by BATTERY
The tag is powered by a long-life lithium battery (3V, 650 mAh), which can be easily replaced using the appropriate internal connector.
ASK A QUESTION
Do you need to develop a specific solution based on our products?